Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Costume Tutu

I hope everyone has time to catch their breath after the copious amounts of Halloween festivities and parties they participated in over the past few weeks. seems like as the kids get older...we get busier and Halloween stretches from a day to a FEW weekends of nonstop events!

This year, I decided to dress Madi as a kitty cat for Halloween. As many of you know, I enjoy to make as much as our costumes as possible and try to purchase as little as possible.

I recently purchased a jungle cat print leotard for Madi's tumbling class so that was my inspiration for her tutu.




I used over 100 yards of black, white and this funky jungle cat tulle and ribbon to create this tutu. I attached a cat tail to the back that I purchased at a Halloween costume shop for 6$.





With October always sending mixed weather signals in OK...I planned for cool weather by dressing Madi in a shirt and tights in the same print that we already had!

I had so much fun creating this costume tutu and already have several great costume tutu designs in mind for 2012!

Thanks
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment